8.20.2009

Ned had an appointment this past Saturday for some follow up surgery on his knee. He still was not putting full pressure on it and the vet wanted to take out the implants since his knee has healed around them and they are no longer needed to hold it all together. He thinks that they were irritating it and now "hopefully" he'll be all better!

I got into Whiskeytown Lake just in time for sunset!
It took me a while to find an open campsite and it was dark by the time I got there. So this is what I found when I woke up. I ended up being in a completely empty campground with some construction equipment.... I think it may have actually been closed! After I dropped Ned off at the Vet Hanna and I went over to hang out at the lake! She was in HEAVEN! she got to dig for rocks, swim and just generally be lazy in the water! I had my floaty and beach chair and was perfectly happy lying around reading a book in the sun!It was HOT! on the ride home! I drove out there in the evening and it was still hot then- but man that sun is intense! Also- notice all the dust all over the inside and outside of the car! I drove around to the back side of the lake so I could take Hanna in with out any "no dog" rules or anything- and they were all dirt roads! I sure learned my lesson for dirt roads and having the top off the jeep! I spent most of the day Sunday detailing the car!I has some pretty tuckered out pups on the way home! The vet said Ned would be a little loopy and out of it for the rest of the day and Hanna had a hard day swimming!

No comments: