5.28.2008

Memorial day- Birthday- weekend!

We had a pretty laid back Memorial Day weekend. The weather wasn't fantastic so we mostly just hung out. The huge Kinetic Sculpture race was this weekend and my work sponsored one of the sculptures. So I got some overtime hours taking pictures of the race! It was nice because we were going to go check them out anyway! We spent Saturday watching the sculptures trudge through the sand and down "Dead Man's Drop" and hiked around on the dunes at the beach (after Alex let me sleep in and went out to get my flowers and an apple pie for my birthday! he's so sweet) We were so exhausted from going up and down all the huge sand dunes that we opted to grab some steaks and make a nice dinner at home, instead of getting ready and going out! Our friends Mike and Shak stopped by for a little and brought me a chocolate chocolate cake that Shak made! It was very yummy! Sunday the race was in the bay so we grabbed the boats and headed out on the water for a few hours (until Alex had to go to work) I spent the rest of the day futzing in the garden and then went out to dinner with the girls! Here is the poster I made of the race for work...

Here's one of Alex that I liked....


Thanks to everyone who sent me a card/called for my Bday!



No comments: