2.04.2008

goodbye January

Man January just FLEW by!

Only 2 things really happened that are worth writing about- and they both involve snow! First, it snowed in EUREKA! Of course we’ve only been here 2 years… Locals say that we get hail here about every winter, but it hasn’t actually snowed in Eureka for YEARS!! Alex got to spend a week skiing in Tahoe! The lucky bastard! He actually brought the snow back with him… the day he came back is when it snowed here! He had met up with John and his girl Katrina at the CG station A-frame condos. Bobby and another guy from San Fran met up with them later in the week for some weekend skiing! Boy the snow gods were sure looking down on them! They got fresh powder every day and just had a blast! Thankfully (I think at least) Katrina was there to pull back on those wild reigns these boys have! She kept them balanced between backcountry/trees and regular groomed slopes! Alex was sore enough when he got back who knows how bad he would have been if it was just the boys tearing it up out there!

You are now looking at (or reading about) the new Humboldt Bay CG ombudsman! The Capt asked me to lunch early this month to ask if I would be willing to take on this duty since the old ombudsman is transferring out this year! I was reluctant at first…. this is our first duty station; we are relatively new to the guard (when you don’t count the academy); I work full time… etc. But he assured me that I will be fine and it’ll be a good time! I’m very excited and nervous starting this! I will get to know a lot of people as well as a lot of resources the CG offers! I’ll let you know how it’s going in the next few months!

Other then that I’ve been busy at work as well as planning Charlotte’s bridal shower and plans for our big Vegas party! The siding project in housing is going pretty smoothly…not sure how long (when all this rain stops) it will be till we get the outside painted! But at least they’ve got the inside done! The neighborhood is starting to look really good!

Ok I will leave you with a few of Alex’s pictures from Tahoe! Hope all is well!



No comments: